FlashOptimizer is a tool to optimize Adobe Flash SWF file. FlashOptimizer has a simple AVM2(Actionscript Virtual Machine 2), witch will run the instructions, and than optimize the Actionscript Byte Code data.
- Constant value optimization.
- Methods and properties searching optimization.
- Methods call optimization.
- Remove debug instructions
- Remove redundant instructions
- Delete class, method or property(Pickout Panel)
With the AIR 3.3 SDK, Flash developers can now create expressive mobile apps and native extensions that target iOS5.1. In addition, this new version of the AIR runtime includes packaging support for iOS5.1 on Windows as well as iPad3 retina display capabilities.
Additional new AIR features include:
USB debugging for AIR iOS — This new feature allows the iOS developer to connect to the desktop via USB while debugging their mobile applications instead of relying on network connectivity.
Enhanced Background behavior for AIR iOS — Background support now more closely resembles native applications in iOS. In addition to some basic multitasking and background audio support that is already enabled with AIR for iOS, applications may now support location updates and networking in the background, as well as being notified when a background app is about to be suspended by the operating system.
Stylus support for Android 4.0 — Stylus support in Flash takes advantage of the new-in-4.0 Android Stylus API, so that stylus-aware apps work automatically with any devices supporting the Android API set.
Simulator Support (Mac) — With the enhanced simulator support a developer can now package and run an application on iOS simulator using ADT commands. This feature allows an iOS developer to develop and run an application without needing an actual set of devices by using the iOS simulator using Xcode.
Aspect Ratio Enhancements — With AIR 3.3 the issue with the runtime ignoring the specified aspect ratio has been resolved. In this release we address this use-case by allowing only screen orientation corresponding to app specified aspectRatio and orientation corresponding to 180 degree device rotation from the specified aspectRatio.
Improved Mac App Store Support — Added support to ensure Mac AIR apps adhere to Apple guidelines and can be submitted to the Mac App store successfully.
Read more form Adobe's blog
A real time 3D engine for Adobe Flash optimized for games and animations. Flare3D bridges the gap between Autodesk 3Ds Max and Adobe Flash through an integrated explorer.
- Integrated 3D Max AddOn for export.
- It does not require Plug-ins additional to Flash.
- Create optimal, high quality applications.
- Collision systems
- Resource manager.
- Examples gallery and API documentation
- Compatible with multiple editors (like FlashDevelop and Flash Builder)
- Flare3D explorer.
Here is a High quality car visualization show case,
In many opportunities we have pointed out the reach of Flare3D for developing interactive 3D content for web, and this one is a clear example of this. For those who have never been inside an Audi, Jingchao Huang (or Jason Huang in English), from the Chinese company Vertex Interaction Design, brings us this wonderful development:
A 3D modeled Audi A6 Car that gives us the opportunity to interact with it, open the doors, truck, go inside and have a complete360º detailed view (from inside and outside) of this beautiful vehicle.
you can visit here to get the more
Alex Dewey has posted the news at Mobile World Congress, he has a lot of exciting news to share. The following are the informations
- Photoshop Touch is now available for iPad 2. With Photoshop Touch, you can combine multiple photos into layered images, apply professional effects to create beautiful artwork, touch up photos, paint, lay out ideas, and much more.
- Digital Publishing Suite has powered more than 16 million digital publications across tablets.
- We have unveiled the industry’s first fully integrated video technology platform, code named Project Primetime, to enable smooth, TV-like experiences for ad-supported videos across Web-connected devices. This new platform delivers premium video and ad content consistently across all major platforms, including Apple iOS, Google Android, desktop operating systems and connected TVs.
- Mobile gaming gets a performance boost: we announced AIR 3.2 and Flash Player 11.2, with hardware accelerated 2D and 3D to enable the next generation of mobile gaming apps.
Via Adobe's Blog.
Hardcore MX is one of the games that when you play it first, feels right – the sound, the graphics, the casual gaming concept for a quick in-browser game during a break.
Teoti Graphix has released the MobileUI Toolkit 1. The feature of MobileUI Toolkit 1:
PopUp that is an inversion of control type manager decorating
SkinnablePopUpCtontainer subclasses such as the
Alert API that uses static methods but is not at all tied to static methods for open and close, the
PopUp class can even be extended.
- An enhanced
MobileButton that adds a
longClick event and
- A vertical and horizontal
Picker component that is not based off of the
List. This is important for memory and performance needs.
- A simple
ProgressBar component that allows for primary, secondary and indeterminate progress levels plus left and right layout directions.
- A very powerful and skinnable/styleable
RatingBar component that subclasses the
WebView component that wraps the
StageWebView and adds
UIComponent layout logic.
SkinnableStageWebview that can be used to create composite
WebView components with controls.
WebViewBrowser that has actually implemented the
SkinnableStageWebview with skinparts to make a simple OS browser.
Read more from here.
O’Reilly has published a set of books by Joseph Labrecque: “What’s New in Flash Player 11” and “What’s New in Adobe AIR 3“. The books are currently only available in digital format (ePub, Mobi, PDF).
Read more from here.
The Nokia C7 upgrades the firmware to v024.002.
Adobe Flash Player 11 and Adobe AIR 3, which included next-generation technologies like the gorgeous, cinematic 2D and 3D hardware accelerated graphics of Stage 3D, Adobe announced the availability of Flash Player 11.1 and Adobe AIR 3.1 for desktops and mobile devices.
This minor update to Flash Player and AIR includes the following features for developers:
- Updated iOS 5 native extensions for Adobe AIR: Flash-based apps can now take advantage of new services provided by iOS 5. Create apps that integrate the latest iOS 5 capabilities like iCloud and iMessage.
- Updated Native text input UI for Android: Android apps can now take advantage of the same native text input controls provided to BlackBerry Tablet OS and iOS operating systems to provide platform-specific user interaction behaviors such as magnification and text selection.
Read the complete article from here.
Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56.
Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday. The Apple.com homepage featured a black-and-white picture of him with the words "Steve Jobs, 1955-2011."
Apple began selling the iPhone in June 2007. Mr. Jobs’s goal was to sell 10 million of the handsets in 2008, equivalent to 1 percent of the global cellphone market. The company sold 11.6 million.
Although smartphones were already commonplace, the iPhone dispensed with a stylus and pioneered a touch-screen interface that quickly set the standard for the mobile computing market. Rolled out with much anticipation and fanfare, iPhone rocketed to popularity; by end of 2010 the company had sold almost 90 million units.